Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Ranters Assignment

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    His silouhette casting quite an impressive shadow upon the very ground he walks on, others know when he is coming. His dark brown hair kept tight and short against his head, while his light blue/ash grey eyes glance about. There intersting color being quite the ice breaker for conversation, conversation that stops as soon as he gives them one glance. A glance that would stop any normal man dead in his tracks, instilling fear of his existance. His muscles just help to refine the overall look of this warrior. His longsword wearing every so nicely on his hip, looking as if it's ready to be engaged at any second. No matter the tatters he is clothed with, one look at him, and you know he has seen the death of others, and will employ force when necessary.

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ranter's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2001
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    a very dark and imposing character to deal with. at first i saw him as a someone who hung out in seedy bars, but then the broadsword reference comes in and i realize he more of a mercanary type person, or the sort from some kind of science-fiction-fantasy novel (the kinds i used to oh so much love to read when i younger...anyways). you create a character with that main trait that kind of overshadows everyother trait that that person possesses, however, i think you drive it home too hard. i understand what kind of figure you are creating, but by the end it kind of seems redundant. you need to find a way to say it by not saying, imply more of it. as if you are the person who is actually scared of the person, not how someone else is afraid of the person. otherwise though, its a great character, brings back so many memories of raymond e. fiest, oh raymond. (he is the author of the aforementioned science-fiction fantasy novels...anways and anyhoos)

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I currently read a lot of fantasy novels, which is why I chose to write a description like that. I too notice the redundancy after I posted it to be quite honest. Sometimes I tend to do that... But thank you smile I have yet to check out any Feist novels, recommendations?


    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •